Automation Vulnerability in Canada
The Automation Vulnerability Index (AVI) measures how susceptible a region is to disruption by automation. It ranges from 0 to 1, with higher index scores indicating more vulnerability. The Index comprises five indicators with equal weights:
- share of the labour force in HRLM occupations;
- average economic cost of occupational transition;
- share of the labour force in occupations with limited job openings;
- share of the labour force aged 55 and over;
- share of the labour force with a high school diploma or less.
Stay in the loop.
Learn more about our research in Innovation & Technology.
The responsibility for the findings and conclusions of this research rests entirely with The Conference Board of Canada.