Centre for the North
The Centre for the North (CFN) is the Research Centre within the Northern and Aboriginal Policy knowledge area.
The Centre for the North is forum for research and dialogue on Northern and Aboriginal issues. We bring Aboriginal leaders, businesses, governments, and community advocates together to identify challenges and opportunities, and discuss how those challenges can be met.
- Deliver cutting-edge research based on three foundational themes of thriving communities, economic development and sovereignty and security in the North;
- Examine issues from a Northern perspective, seek to maximize Northern engagement, and prioritize Northern interests;
- Create unique networking opportunities with Northern representatives from government, industry, academia and Aboriginal groups—the only roundtable in Canada to provide this balanced matrix of dialogue;
- Focus on delivering practical solutions to the wide ranging socio-economic challenges facing Canada’s Northern communities;
- Cover the territorial North as well as the northern regions of seven provinces;
- Are supported by a roundtable of 50 members that determine and review the Centre’s research projects.