Chapter 1—Introducing the New Trade Era and Analytical Approach
- A Blast From the Past?
- The Next Trade Era
- Most Canadian Industries Exposed to Changes in Exchange Rates
- Identifying Which Industries Will Benefit From the Next Trade Era
Chapter 2—The Resurgence of U.S. Demand: Which Canadian Industries Can Benefit?
- Which Industries Will See a Boost in Demand?
- What Is the Capacity of Canada’s Industries to Take On Increases in Production?
- How Competitive Are Canadian Industries in U.S. Markets?
Chapter 3—Preparing for Success: The Intersection of Demand, Capacity, and Competitiveness
- Bringing the Analysis Together: Which Industries Are Best and Least Prepared to Take On Expected Demand?
- Quadrant I: Industries Best Prepared for the Next Trade Era
- Quadrant II: Industries in Need of More Capacity to Prosper—Manufacturing
- A Third Dimension of Success: Competitiveness
- Are Canada’s Largest Exports Prepared to Take on the Next Era?
- Opportunities in the Rest of the World Abound in Next Export Era
- Tectonic Shift Is Under Way: Governments Should Focus on Labour and Transportation Networks
- What Can Businesses Do to Succeed in the Next Export Era?
- Industries With Strong Demand and Strong Capacity in a Good Position
- Industries With Strong Demand and Weak Capacity Face Challenges
- A Brave New Era
- Benchmarking Calculations
- Industry NAICS Codes
- U.S. Demand Drivers