Investment Shines Through the Clouds: Ontario’s Two-Year Outlook—June 2022
The Conference Board of Canada, 14 pages,
June 14, 2022
- Ontario’s economy will expand by 4.0 per cent this year and 3.2 per cent in 2023.
- Strong gains in non-residential business investment will offset a cooling housing sector.
- Growth in real consumer spending will remain healthy, though lingering inflationary pressures present a major downside risk.
- Budget 2022 promised large investments in transportation infrastructure, which will provide a boost to Ontario’s economy.
- Exports won’t pick up momentum until later this year as global supply bottlenecks continue to sort themselves out.
Table of Contents