Provincial Outlook Executive Summary: Autumn 2015
This quarterly economic forecast provides highlights of the Provincial Outlook report, which presents the short-term outlook for Canada's provinces.
- The near-term outlook is growing more positive. Across the country, the economy has been picking up speed, and that is expected to carry through into 2016.
- Still, the divergence in regional economic performances will prevail for the foreseeable future.
- British Columbia, Manitoba, and Ontario will be the growth leaders in 2016.
- The B.C. economy will lead the country by a wide margin over the near term.
- While Alberta and Saskatchewan will continue to feel the pain from the difficulties in the energy sector, neither will be in recession in 2016.