- Purpose of the Report
- Framing the Analysis
Chapter 2—Understanding Canada’s Local Food Systems
- What Is Local Food?
- Why Local Food?
- What Is the Size and Economic Impact of Canada’s Local Food Systems?
Chapter 3—Consumer Demand for Local Food
- Consumer Preference for Purchasing Local Food
- Reasons for Purchasing Local Food
- Barriers to Purchasing Local Food
Chapter 4—Local Food: Challenges and Opportunities for Firms
- Producers and Local Food
- Food Processors and Local Food
- Retailers and Local Food
- Food Service Operators and Local Food
Chapter 5—The Role of Government in Supporting and Promoting Local Food Systems
- Federal Government Initiatives
- Provincial Government Initiatives
- Local Government Initiatives
Chapter 6—Strategies and Solutions