The Conference Board of Canada, 1 page,
July 28, 2022
This resource provides an overview of the skills needed to adapt and succeed in the world of work, particularly fundamental skills, social and emotional skills, personal management skills, and teamwork skills.
- Employability skills are the critical skills you need in the workplace, whether you work on your own or as part of a team.
- Employability skills include communication, problem-solving, positive attitudes and behaviours, adaptability, working with others, and digital skills.
- Fundamental skills, like solving problems and using digital tools, are the basis of your employability skills.
- Social and emotional skills, like active listening and resilience, help you be not only a great employee, but also a great friend, family member, and co-worker.
- Personal management skills, like demonstrating a positive attitude and being adaptable, give you more ways to achieve your goals.
- Teamwork skills, like working with others and participating in projects, allow you to contribute to a group productively.