Canadian Human Resources Benchmarking: Recruitment and Selection
This report, part of an ongoing series examining the HR practices and metrics of Canadian organizations, looks at vacancy rates, new hires, internally filled roles, and time to fill vacancies.
- There is increased competition for all positions within organizations, not just critical positions, which puts additional stress on recruiting departments and human resources professionals.
- Knowledge-based workers have one of the highest vacancy rates. They may be searching for new opportunities that offer increased flexibility in where and when they work.
- Executive roles have the highest vacancy rates, suggesting intense competition for top executive talent.
- Given the growing demand for talent amid unprecedented labour shortages, organizations should prioritize employee engagement, skills development, and training to increase retention and reduce voluntary turnover.
- To minimize the disruption of turnover and retirements, organizations should monitor their recruitment and selection efforts, develop employees with transferable skills, and establish strong succession plans.
Table of Contents
The Fight for Talent Continues
Recruitment Efforts Intensify
Selecting the Right Candidate