Join this webinar to gain an understanding of the economic and political forces affecting Canada’s economy.
- What damages has COVID-19 had on developed and emerging economies?
- How will the U.S. economy progress over the next 2 years?
- What industries have been hardest hit in Canada and when can we expect these to recover? And what industries have gained traction through the crisis?
- What is the outlook for labour markets in Canada, when will employment recover?
- Will real estate markets hold up, especially with the onset of a second wave?
As the Conference Board’s Chief Economist, Pedro Antunes is the thought leader and spokesperson for the Conference Board’s suite of economic forecast products, as well as other reports and economic indicators that relate to Canada and its regions. Mr. Antunes has provided expert testimony before parliamentary committees. He makes numerous presentations on economic topics and dialogues with Canadian leaders, the public and media about issues important to Canada. Pedro joined the Conference Board as an economist in 1991 after working with the Canadian Forecasting Group at the Bank of Canada. Pedro has worked on a wide range of economic modelling and research projects in Canada and overseas.