Canadian Long-Term Outlook Summary Summer 2020
COVID-19 hurts badly now, but will not last forever.
Canada’s economy—like that of almost every other country around the globe—has been hammered by COVID-19. But while the pandemic’s impacts have been devastating, they should also be brief. Our long-term forecast remains driven by demographic and economic expectations that are generally unchanged. In general, once we get through the pandemic crisis, the country can look forward to moderate but steady growth over the long term.
Contents of the long-term Summer 2020 summary:
- Canada faces both short- and long-term challenges
- Potential output growth looks set to slow
- Monetary policy to the rescue?
- Pandemic challenges fiscal policy
- World outlook bleak now, mixed later