This recorded webinar will shed light on Canada’s lack of innovation, and what can be done to address the issues. In this 60 minute session, we will:
- Share insights from a recent Conference Board of Canada report on Effectively Navigating and Managing Technology-Driven Change.
- Explore the reasons for Canada’s lagging innovation, productivity, and ICT adoption performance and why it matters both to the economy and firms.
- Share insights from a series of workshops conducted by the Conference Board with SMEs, and technology and change management experts to understand barriers and approaches to adopting digital technologies.
- Discuss the challenges SMEs and other firms face in selecting, implementing and benefitting from new technologies and in managing technology-driven change.
- Share solutions and strategies being pursued by Canadian and international SMEs to improve technology adoption and implementation.
Daniel Munro is a Principal Research Associate in Public Policy at The Conference Board of Canada, and Lecturer in Ethics in the Graduate School of Public and International Affairs at the University of Ottawa. Prior to joining the Public Policy group, Daniel worked for the Conference Board’s Centre for Skills and Post-Secondary Education, Centre for Business Innovation, and Industry and Business Strategy division.