Mindful Leadership Series
Mastering Mindful Leadership
Wednesday, May 2, 2018 • Albany Club • 91 King Street East • Toronto, ON
The Niagara Institute Partnership with Maria Gonzalez and Gaetano Geretto
Mastering mindfulness is the practical application of techniques in everyday situations. In this one-day course, participants will explore nine ways to become a Mindful Leader, and apply these techniques to real life leadership situations. The skills developed in the program enhance one’s ability to lead successful meetings, successfully negotiate deals, improve time-management and team effectiveness, and improve judgement and decision making.
This program is highly experiential and primarily case-based, with situations that resemble real leadership scenarios you may encounter within your organization. This focus on practice and experience allows participants the ability to utilize the lessons learned immediately after completing the course.
During this workshop participants will:
- Become more aware of their own areas of strength and development;
- Create a plan to continue to develop mindful leadership skills;
- Learn to be more present and focused, regardless of circumstance;
- Understand how to better regulate emotions during stressful conditions;
- Practice techniques to reduce and manage stress;
- Learn how to apply mindfulness to all aspects of one’s day, personally and professionally.
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for both experienced and new managers/leaders. It is appropriate for anyone who is in a position to influence, and desires the ability to sustain high performance and be resilient, regardless of circumstances.
Each Participant Will Takeaway
- A copy of Maria’s book, Mindful Leadership: The 9 Ways to Self-Awareness, Transforming Yourself, and Inspiring Others
- Access to The Mindful Leadership App
- Harvard Business Review Articles on Mindful Leadership by Maria Gonzalez
- Introduction and Expectations
- Practicing Relaxation for Focus and Calm
- Mindful Leadership Self-Assessment
- Class selection of Cases of the Various 9 Ways to Be a Mindful Leader
- The applicable Mindfulness technique will be covered and practiced, and then applied to the case.
- Cases Discussed in Small Groups, followed by Class Discussion.
- Develop Personal Action Plan for developing Mindful Leadership skills.
The details of this event are subject to change. Please revisit this page periodically for updated information.