Provincial Outlook Economic Forecast: Quebec—Spring 2017
The Conference Board of Canada, 88 pages,
July 4, 2017
This quarterly economic forecast for the province of Quebec examines the economic outlook for the province, including gross domestic product (GDP), output by industry and labour market conditions.
This document contains both the French and the English versions of the articles.
- Quebec’s unemployment rate is now among the lowest in the country and is expected to continue to decline further to an average of 6.3 per cent in 2018.
- Employment growth will cool off over the next few years.
- The provincial government’s budget is balanced, allowing the province to spend more on programs and infrastructure.
- Private investment will be concentrated in the housing sector, while investment in machinery and equipment is forecast to decline in 2017.
- The mining sector will boost the provincial export outlook.