Raw Materials Price Index Forecast
The Conference Board of Canada’s Economic Trends Division is recognized worldwide for its expertise in economic forecasting, modelling and analysis. We have produced accurate economic forecasts for more than 25 years.
Raw Materials Price Index (RMPI): The RMPI measures changes in the prices paid by Canadian manufacturers for key raw materials. Those prices include all costs (and subsidies, if applicable) involved in bringing the materials to the industries, including transportation, taxes, and duties. Because the price changes must eventually be passed on to consumers, the RMPI acts as an early indicator of inflation.
WTI: West Texas Intermediate—one of the benchmarks for oil prices.
Henry Hub: The Henry Hub price is a benchmark price for natural gas. It is the price paid for natural gas futures contracts in New York, and is based on the settlement price paid for natural gas delivered at a key pipeline hub in Louisiana.
The Raw Materials Price Index is Available For:
- Raw Materials Price Index, Canada, (2002=1)
- Raw Materials Price Index, Canada, Animal and Vegetables (2002=1)
- Raw Materials Price Index, Canada, Fuels (2002=1)
- Raw Materials Price Index, Canada, Fuels, Crude Oil (2002=1)
- Raw Materials Price Index, Canada, Fuels, Natural Gas (2002=1)
- Raw Materials Price Index, Canada, Fuels, Coal (2002=1)
- Raw Materials Price Index, Canada, Other Materials (2002=1)
- West Texas Intermediate Oil Price (U.S. $)
- Henry Hub Natural Gas Price (U.S. $)
Forecasts and research often involve numerous assumptions and data sources, and are subject to inherent risks and uncertainties. This information is not intended as specific investment, accounting, legal, or tax advice.
Purchase RMPI Data
Create an account to purchase data from our e-Data site. If you need this data on a regular basis, consider a database subscription.