During this 60-minute session, Dr. Reuber will delve into the research findings. You will hear more about why Canadian SMEs are most likely to succeed in fast-growth markets if they have:
- bridging arrangements that enable them to learn quickly about the market
- experience-building strategies so this learning becomes embedded in the company
- coherent market entries that build on previous entries
- a serious and long term commitment to developing sustainable relationships in the market
- technological advantages and a global reputation
- accurate perceptions of the challenges
Rebecca Reuber is Professor of Strategic Management at the Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto. Her research focuses on the growth strategies of entrepreneurial organizations, including foreign market entry, the use of social media, the financing of social ventures and early-stage reputation development.