Uneven Recovery Ahead for Industries: Canada’s Two-Year Industry Trends Outlook
The Conference Board of Canada, 15 pages,
October 26, 2020
This quarterly economic forecast presents the medium-term outlook for the Canadian economy. This release focuses on industry trends. For an overview of all major components of the economy, go to the Canadian Outlook main page.
- Primary resource sectors will bounce back in 2021.
- The recovery in manufacturing has begun, but the sector will face some rough patches along the way.
- Industries closely tied to tourism will continue to struggle, prolonging the recovery for commercial services.
- The negative impacts of the pandemic dominate the near-term outlook for non-commercial services.
- Output activity in public administration will taper off after 2021 as governments struggle with the fiscal consequences of their massive stimulus spending during the pandemic.