Chapter 2—Organizational Learning Culture
- What Contributes to Learning Culture?
- Canada’s Performance Decline
- How Strong Are Learning Cultures in Canadian Organizations?
- Leadership Support and Learning Culture
- Overall Organizational Effectiveness
Chapter 3—Expenditures on Learning and Development
- Learning and Development Expenditures
- Challenging Business Environments
- Two Important Metrics: Learning and Development Expenditures as a Percentage of Payroll and of Revenue
- Hours of Learning
- The Spending Decline?
- Canada–U.S. Comparisons
- Spending Allocations for L&D
- L&D Investment and Learning Cultures
- Satisfaction With L&D Budgets
- Is the Investment in L&D Rebounding?
- Impact of L&D Investment on Organizational Performance
Chapter 4—Methods of Learning Delivery
- Learning Is Still in the Classroom
- The Evolution of E-learning—Where Does It Stand?
- Informal Learning
- Trends in Learning Delivery
- Learning Program Offerings
- Distribution of Formal Learning Content
Chapter 5—Organizational Learning Support
- The Structure of the L&D Function
- Learning Team Size
- Systems for Managing Learning Data
- Learning Resources
Chapter 6—Learning Evaluation and Organizational Strategy
- Top Strategic Goals
- Learning Metrics
- The Evaluation Dilemma
- Measuring Learning Efficiency
- Transfer of Training
- Performance Appraisal
- Learning Accountability
Chapter 7—Leadership Development
- Recognizing and Nurturing Internal Talent
- Leadership Development Practices Offered to Employees
- Effectiveness of Leadership Development
- Leadership Development Practices at Middle Management and Senior Levels
- The Impact of Leadership on Organizational Performance
- Where Do High-Performing Organizations and High-Leadership Performance Organizations Achieve Their Best Results?
- Should Leadership Development Be Budgeted Separately From Learning and Development?
Appendix A—Survey Methodology and Respondent Profile
Appendix B—Responding Organizations
Appendix C—Expenditures by Organization Type, Number of Employees, and Level of Unionization