Topics of discussion include:
- The integration of traditional OHS with HR and why this is needed.
- The organization’s role to curb mental injuries and promote mental health in the workplace.
- How HR leaders can leverage existing OHS systems to facilitate a psychological health and safety management system (PHSMS).
- The 13 Psychological Health and Safety factors through a new lens called Factor Five.
- The top five things an employer can do to integrate health and safety with wellness.
Dr. Bill Howatt, a behavioral scientist, is known as one of Canada’s top experts in mental health issues in the workplace. As a highly-respected columnist for The Globe and Mail, author, clinician, consultant and speaker, he engages and inspires both individuals and groups. Dr. Howatt is a master at translating cutting-edge academic research into practical, tactical strategies that employees and managers can integrate into their daily professional and personal lives. His passion is helping people to ensure their workplaces are healthier, happier and more productive.
As Chief of Research and Development, Workforce Productivity at Morneau Shepell, as well the creator of the Total Health Index (THI), Dr. Howatt offers more than 30 years of experience in the field of mental health, addiction and HR consulting. As a highly sought-after international speaker, Dr. Howatt openly shares his personal story and experiences of living with mental health issues since childhood. He engages and enlightens audiences as he works passionately to reduce the stigma surrounding mental health in the workplace.
His career has taken him across Canada and the United States including 12 years working on Wall Street in New York City supporting large financial firms. He has been a frequent and popular speaker at Conference Board of Canada events from coast to coast. Dr. Howatt enjoys spending time with his family, golfing, boating and engaging in philosophy debates with his Valley Bulldogs at his home in Nova Scotia, Canada.