Risk Watch: Thought Leadership in Risk and Governance—September 2011
The Conference Board of Canada, 26 pages,
September 13, 2011
This tri-annual journal presents original articles by leading global thinkers and practitioners on risk management and corporate governance. Authors have a mandate to express opinions and ideas that test readers’ assumptions.
- John Fraser offers an imaginary speech to demonstrate what a CEO might say to launch an enterprise risk management (ERM) program.
- Darlene Halwas discusses how to avoid unintended consequences by tying risk management to organizational compensation plans.
- David Wood pinpoints four turnaround risks that can pull an organization under when leaders are trying to revive a business.
- Hans Læssøe shares his perspective on a topic that continues to be confusing and challenging for many organizations: risk appetite.
- Chandra Krishnamurthy eloquently tells a story on the attitudes that a chief enterprise risk management officer must possess when creating and maintaining a vibrant ERM program.