To address the issue, the Conference Board recently conducted a survey of 854 B.C. employers to find out which skills, occupations, and credentials employers require to meet current and future needs.
The webinar brings the report data to life. Topics covered include:
- the general nature of skills gaps and mismatches in Canada
- the specific shape of the skills gap in BC and the impact
- the occupations, skills, and credentials employers need
- strategies to meet skills needs
- how to fill gaps: recommendations for skills stakeholders
Daniel Munro is a Principal Research Associate in Industry and Business Strategy at The Conference Board of Canada, and Lecturer in Ethics in the Graduate School of Public and International Affairs at the University of Ottawa. Prior to joining the Board in 2008, Daniel was a senior analyst with a science assessment and literacy organization in Ottawa, and has taught politics and philosophy at universities in Canada and the United States, including Harvard, Queen’s, Toronto, and Western Ontario.