Metropolitan housing starts: November 2020
The Conference Board of Canada
December 1, 2020
The monthly Metropolitan housing starts publication provides the recent trends in housing starts for 29 metropolitan areas and expectations for starts over both the short and long term.
- There are 10 census metropolitan areas (CMAs) with both positive short- and long-term expectations this month, three more than last month.
- Ontario cities make up the majority of those with positive expectations for both the short and long terms.
- The CMAs with the biggest year-over-year percentage increase in housing starts in October were Oshawa, Sherbrooke, Greater Sudbury, Windsor, and Moncton.
- This is the third month in a row that Oshawa has had a significant gain in year-over-year starts.
- Thunder Bay had the largest decline in starts for the month on a year over year basis.