Interested in being a part of our next event? Send us an e-mail and be automatically notified when more information on our next conference is available. We look forward to hearing from you!
Building on the success of the previous two years, which laid the foundation for key issues, opportunities, and challenges, our 2018 Automated Vehicles event took the conversation to the next level; exploring the suite of transition tools now available to support us as we navigate a driverless future.
Most debates about a driverless future have centered on the urban experience. This year’s conference integrated the rural perspective into the conversation and explored the relationships between our urban and rural communities.
We addressed some of the most pressing issues around an AV future. Including:
- What are the transition tools available to us now? How can they help us leverage the technology to create the communities that we want?
- What do these tools mean for our rural and northern communities? How transferable are they to these other contexts?
- What policy actions are needed at all levels of government? What is the role of harmonization of our approach to AVs?
- What is the role of partnerships between government and industry? What is our workforce transition management plan? And how do we create plans that engage with the unique qualities of subsectors within transportation?
- What are the implications for goods movement strategies and plans?
- What is the relationship between these emerging tools and other elements of our planning and regulatory systems? How can these new tools support our planning efforts in Canada?
We’d like to thank our generous sponsors for their contribution to this event.