The Centre for the North team provides high-quality, balanced, and rigorous analysis on leading issues related to Canada’s North, Indigenous rights and governance, and corporate Aboriginal relations. Whether you need specific strategies and solutions, or need to know more about the latest trends or collaboratively identify opportunities to help your organization or business reach its potential, we can help.
We will work with you to help you generate the insights and to employ the tools and strategies needed to meet the challenges and sustain your performance. In doing so, we draw on all of the Conference Board of Canada expertise covering a broad range of areas such as:
- Mining and the implications for sustainable development;
- Transportation and critical infrastructure issues;
- Labour force capacity and skills development;
- Energy and environment.
Research and analysis most recently commissioned from the Northern and Aboriginal Policy team includes:
- Mapping the infrastructure in and around Northern Aboriginal Communities
- Northern connectivity—ensuring quality communications for the future
- Delivering on Canada’s Arctic Council Chairmanship 2013–2015: Establishing an Arctic Economic Council
- Supporting the development of an Economic Opportunities Strategy in the Northwest Territories