Provincial Outlook Economic Forecast: Quebec—Spring 2019
The Conference Board of Canada, 81 pages,
June 7, 2019
This quarterly economic forecast for the province of Quebec examines the economic outlook for the province, including gross domestic product (GDP), output by industry and labour market conditions.
This document contains both the French and the English versions of the articles.
- The Quebec economy will expand by 2.1 per cent this year and 1.5 per
cent in 2020.
- The more moderate growth compared with 2017–18 is due mainly to
slower household spending.
- Investment in machinery and equipment will increase sharply over the
medium term due to the increased need for new technology to offset
growing labour shortages.
- If CUSMA is ratified by the U.S. Congress, some of the uncertainty for
Quebec’s exporters will be removed.
- Ongoing fiscal surpluses will enable the government to continue to pay
down its debt throughout the medium term.