During this one-hour discussion, Mr. Fox will elaborate on:
- The increasing demand for Boards to adjust their structures and processes so that they can pay better attention to ethics and compliance issues;
- Key questions Boards should be asking senior management to stay fully informed on the company’s overall compliance strategy;
- The role of governance documents and training procedures in the establishment of expectations for corporate compliance and conduct;
- Monitoring of procedures to ensure that employees are effectively trained to understand and exercise the company’s compliance policy;
- Determining clear roles that the Board of Directors have in an effectively managing the organization’s compliance program;
Thomas Fox has practiced law in Houston for 30 years. He is now an Independent Consultant, assisting companies with anti-corruption and anti-bribery compliance and international transaction issues. He specializes in bring business solutions to compliance problems. He was most recently the General Counsel at Drilling Controls, Inc., a worldwide oilfield manufacturing and service company. He was previously division counsel with Halliburton Energy Services, Inc. where he supported Halliburton’s software division and its downhole division.
Tom is the author of the award winning FCPA Compliance and Ethics Blog and the international best-selling book “Lessons Learned on Compliance and Ethics”. He is the author of the seminal text on the ‘Nuts and Bolts’ of anti-corruption compliance, Doing Compliance which was published in October 2015 by Compliance Week. Tom writes and comments frequently on issues related to compliance and ethics. In addition to his daily blog and bi-weekly podcast, he is a monthly columnist and blogger for Compliance Week; a bi-monthly columnist and frequent contributor to the SCCE Magazine and a Contributing Editor to the FCPA Blog. He is a well-known and frequent speaker on issues related to compliance and ethics, the use of social media in compliance and corporate leadership.