The pace of change in the Canadian food sector is unprecedented—and with it comes both challenges and opportunities. The 7th annual Canadian Food & Drink Summit 2019, with a lens to the next five-years, will explore opportunities to enhance the food sector’s performance across the supply-chain.
- What does the future of food look like in the next five years?
- What will the impacts of digital technologies from artificial intelligence, big data to blockchain be on food products and distribution?
- What will be the next revolution in food distribution?
- What are the coming agricultural risks from climate change?
- Are governments positioned to take action and respond to these changes?
This unique event will bring together a wide range of stakeholders—attracting participants from across Canada’s food system—to discuss these questions and more.
Food and drink impact Canadians in an extraordinary range of ways. They affect our lives, our health, our jobs, our economy, and our environment. Canadians want foods that are safe, nutritious, affordable, available to all, and produced in ways that are environmentally sustainable. There is renewed determination to safeguard and sustain the health and profitability of the food sector and to resolve pivotal issues, thereby ensuring the quality, healthfulness, safety, and sustainability of the food supply for Canadians and consumers abroad.
It is for these reasons that the annual Canadian Food & Drink Summit continues to attract industry leaders, policy experts, government representatives, and other key players from Canada's food and beverage and related sectors to discuss, learn, and debate sectoral approaches, food performance and potential opportunities.
Join us March 27th and 28th and be part of the conversation that will delve deep into this rapidly changing sector and provide you with ideas and tools on how to navigate and leverage these changes.
Build your network of food connections
Connect with key leaders and major sector players from across Canada. Network, ask questions, and build relationships with—expert speakers, business leaders and decision-makers, government officials, civil society, academics and students. Expand your network and connections to take your performance to the next level.
As a participant, you will:
- Gain insights from the Summit’s high-profile speakers who will share their perspectives on the impacts of technology on products and distribution.
- Meet industry leaders and discuss their vision for the future of food and drink over the next five years.
- Learn about trends, future opportunities and areas of potential growth.
- Discuss and debate significant sector-related issues that have impact on your organization.
- Share your best practices and insights with a broad range of sector experts.
- Provide us with your input into future food and drink research and activities.
The details of this event are subject to change. Please revisit this page periodically for updated information.