The Council meetings program is designed to stimulate new thinking, fresh perspectives and practical exchange on strategic issues facing members. The meetings, which last roughly two days, combine first-hand examination of existing initiatives, best practice across sectors, and focused discussion on specific issues members are dealing with back in their own institutions. Many universities ensure that their representatives include a number of vice presidents, e.g. academic, research, administration and student affairs.
The program offers:
- Three meetings annually for vice-presidents, including one “study tour” to noteworthy organizations outside Canada. These meetings offer a unique forum for examining cross-cutting strategic issues from administrative, academic and research perspectives.
- Custom research as requested
Recent meeting themes and topics include:
- The future of the university, e.g. demographics, technology, interdisciplinary, competition
- Enhancing the student experience
- Quality, measurement and accountability
Due to the current situation, the Conference Board of Canada will not be holding any in-person meetings until the end of May, 2020, to ensure the Health and Safety of employees, members and guests. June meetings will be reviewed over the next few weeks. For more information, please click here.
Visit our COVID-19 webpage for up-to-date information, research and resources.
Are you interested in attending one of these events? Contact Deborah Pratt at email@example.com for more details.