The Conference Board of Canada is delivering a detailed, consistent, high-quality economic outlook that covers global, national and provincial economies. Some issues to be covered include:
- How will the global economy perform in the face of rising protectionism?
- Following many years of subpar performance, will Canada’s business investment see a boost in 2020?
- What is happening with labour markets—can the economy support additional job growth?
- How might the Bank of Canada react to lower rates south of the border?
- Tighter mortgage rules are affecting real estate markets differently across Canada, what will the housing market look like in 2020?
- What might we expect from government spending post election?
As the Conference Board’s Chief Economist, Pedro Antunes is responsible for managing a team of economists in producing the Conference Board's medium and long-term economic forecasts along with other economic indicators and reports. Pedro is a spokesperson for the Conference Board and does presentations on the forecast to clients and the public and is often cited in the media. Pedro joined the Conference Board as an economist in 1991 after working with the Canadian Forecasting Group at the Bank of Canada. He has moved progressively into more senior positions since joining the Board. Pedro has worked on a wide range of economic modelling and forecasting project in Canada and overseas.