Benefits of Attending
Our Land, Our Future: National Summit on Indigenous Youth and Natural Resource Development •
Nov 21–22, 2017 •
Capitalize on a variety of emerging opportunities in Canada’s natural resource sector.
Focusing on collaborative, cross-cultural and multi-directional dialogue, participants will gain a greater understanding of the challenges, constraints and opportunities facing other stakeholders within the resource sector, including those of industry, government, and Indigenous youth. Using these shared understandings, all parties will be better positioned to capitalize on emerging opportunities within Canada’s 21st century resource economy and work collaboratively toward a common vision for the future. By attending you will benefit from the opportunity to:
- build collaborative relationships with individuals who will be shaping resource-related policy, decision-making and public opinion in the decades to come
- identify emerging challenges and opportunities in the natural resources sector
- explore the diverse range of aspirations, perspectives, needs and interests that exist within Canada’s Indigenous communities, including those of Indigenous youth
- provide input on recommendations for innovative natural resource policy and practice
- participate in cross-cultural, interdisciplinary, small-group discussions
- engage potential partners, clients, employees and employers
- participate in cultural activities and special events
We’d like to thank our generous sponsor for their contribution to this event.
The details of this event are subject to change. Please revisit this page periodically for updated information.