Provincial Outlook Executive Summary: Winter 2017
This quarterly economic forecast provides highlights of the Provincial Outlook report, which presents the short-term outlook for Canada's provinces.
- A number of provinces will perform better in 2017 as the federal government rolls out its infrastructure spending program and trade prospects slowly improve.
- Ontario and British Columbia, which led the provinces in growth in 2016, will see slower economic growth but will still perform well on a number of fronts.
- Recession-battered Saskatchewan and Alberta can look forward to better economic times.
- The Newfoundland and Labrador economy will continue to struggle.
Table of Contents
- Nothing Certain Anymore
- National Overview
- Provincial Overview
- U.S. Outlook
- Monetary Policy
- Fiscal Outlook
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Prince Edward Island
- British Columbia
Appendix A–Forecast Tables