With regional groups in Eastern and Western Canada, the Council offers HR executives a unique leadership development opportunity. Both groups meet separately in the fall and winter and then jointly in early summer.
The meetings enable members to address current critical human resource issues through both informal networking and structured presentations. The varied agendas includes presentations by prominent practitioners and respected academics to shed light on today’s human resource challenges. Member contributions offer insight into latest initiatives and best practices in an off-the-record roundtable discussion.
Recent Meeting Themes:
- Leadership Through Many Lenses
- Outlook 2020 and Talent Trends
- Building Trust Leading Change, and Driving Performance
- Building an Inclusive Workplace
- Navigating the Future of Work
- Resilience and the Healthy Workplace
- Mental Health and Well-Being in the Workplace
- Change and Disruption: The New Normal
- New Perspectives on Leadership
Joint Meeting of the Councils of Human Resources Executives - Eastern and Western Councils
To help limit the spread of COVID-19, we decided to suspend any in-person council meetings until the end of May. We have now extended that decision to include all meetings in June.
As a result, we have made the decision to cancel the Joint HR Council meeting scheduled for June 3-5, 2020 in Halifax.
October 14-15, 2020 - Toronto, ON
February 17-18, 2021 - TBC
November 4-5, 2020 - Calgary, AB
March 3-4, 2021 - Vancouver, BC