With regional groups in Eastern and Western Canada, the Council offers HR executives a unique leadership development opportunity. Both groups meet separately in the fall and winter and then jointly in early summer.
The meetings enable members to address current critical human resource issues through both informal networking and structured presentations. The varied agendas includes presentations by prominent practitioners and respected academics to shed light on today’s human resource challenges. Member contributions offer insight into latest initiatives and best practices in an off-the-record roundtable discussion.
Recent Meeting Themes:
- The Next Normal
- Leadership Through Many Lenses
- Outlook 2020 and Talent Trends
- Building Trust Leading Change, and Driving Performance
- Building an Inclusive Workplace
- Navigating the Future of Work
- Resilience and the Healthy Workplace
- Mental Health and Well-Being in the Workplace
- Change and Disruption: The New Normal
- New Perspectives on Leadership
To help limit the spread of COVID-19, The Conference Board of Canada has decided to suspend any in-person council meetings until the end of 2020.
October 14-15, 2020 - Virtual Meeting
February 17-18, 2021 - Location TBD
November 4-5, 2020 - Virtual Meeting
March 3-4, 2021 - Location TBD
Joint Meeting of the Eastern and Western Councils
June 9-10-11, 2021 - Location TBD