During this one-hour discussion, Tamara will explore:
- Board expectations and how to self-evaluate your preparedness for a board career;
- Clearly articulating the reason why you are interested in board service;
- Charting the most appropriate board career path;
- Networking tips to build and foster relationships;
This Webinar is ideal for those who wish to:
- Take the next step in their career by joining their first board;
- Progress their already-existing board career by exploring additional paths;
- Refresh their skills and increase their professional presence; and
- Expand their network and enhance their personal brand.
Tamara Paton is a corporate director and board consultant. Tamara serves on the boards of Mountain Equipment Co-op, Meridian Credit Union, Carson-Dellosa Publishing and ServoAnnex. You might also find her in the boardrooms of other organizations, where Tamara facilitates strategic discussions among those transforming media, digital commerce and other innovative consumer-facing sectors.
Tamara also supports aspiring corporate directors as they enter and thrive in the boardroom. She is the creator of The Boardroom Blueprint, an online program that demystifies how leaders can launch and build board careers. Fresh blog posts on board career building appear each week at tamarapaton.com
Tamara earned an MBA from The Wharton School and the Chartered Financial Analyst designation from the CFA Institute. She also holds the Chartered Director designation awarded by The Directors College. In what feels like a past life, Tamara graduated from the University of Waterloo with a Bachelor of Mathematics.