Market Research Assistant, Market and Customer Insights
The Market and Customer Insights department of The Conference Board of Canada is seeking a Market Research Assistant to contribute to the growth, maintenance and improvement of our customer database and knowledge of our customers and competitors. The successful candidate will have a minimum of one year of market research or customer relationship management experience. Our new team member must have exceptional attention to detail, be both creative and analytical – and be able to effectively translate complex data into practical recommendations.
Reporting to the Senior Analyst, Market and Customer Insights, this position is a full-time contract position (anticipated duration of 1 year) available November 15th and is located in Ottawa.
- Assist on programs to attract new contacts, verify the information of existing customers and maintain the accuracy of our customer database.
- Research and add organizational information to improve the segmenting capabilities of our customer database.
- Analyze and report on quantitative and qualitative data and translate the findings into practical recommendations
- Research and report on competitor activity
- Champion the importance of CASL compliance and the standards of customer care
Skills & Qualifications
- Post secondary degree or certificate in a related field.
- A minimum of one year of experience in a professional work environment in a customer relationship management or marketing role (preferably B2B marketing)
- Experience with CRM software preferred (ideally, Microsoft CRM)
- Exceptional attention to detail and analytical skills
- Ability to translate and communicate analytical concepts to non-analysts
- Strong technical skills using MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, with special emphasis on Excel and Access.
- Experience using Google Analytics and UTM tracking codes
We thank all applicants who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply for this position