E-commerce is experiencing rapid growth. There is a risk that unmanaged delivery-related traffic will create worsening congestion and increased emissions. This doesn’t have to be the case.
- Managing the evolution of urban freight provides policy-makers with an opportunity to enhance sustainable planning objectives.
- Automated parcel lockers can simplify last-mile delivery networks by reducing travel and emissions.
- Curb management strategies need to better account for freight by increasing supply of dedicated delivery parking in high-demand areas.
- Electrifying delivery fleets is critical to reducing last-mile emissions.
- Cyclelogistics networks reduce emissions and congestion, while making operations more efficient.