U.S. Outlook: Winter 2017
The Conference Board of Canada, 23 pages
January 25, 2017
This quarterly report focuses on the latest economic developments in the U.S. economy, tracking trends in labour, consumer, energy and housing markets, and examining industries and regions. Monetary and fiscal policy assumptions are also included.
- The U.S. economy will expand at an annual pace of 2.3 per cent over the near term.
- An economy operating at close to full employment will put upward pressure on wages.
- The Trump presidency adds numerous risks—both positive and negative—to the outlook.
Table of Contents
- Risks Abound as Trump Takes Over the Presidency
- Aggregate Demand
- Financial and Currency Markets
- Fiscal Policy
- Regional Outlook