Strategic Workforce Planning Workshop
Wednesday, May 31, 2017 • The Conference Board of Canada • 255 Smyth Rd. • Ottawa, ON
Workforce planning is becoming a sophisticated process. With talent shortages and a competitive economy, it’s imperative that organizations have the right people, in the right place, at the right time.
Strategic Workforce Planning is the analytic, forecasting, and planning process that connects and directs talent management activities to ensure an organization has the proper human resource capital to execute its business strategy..
Through this full-day workshop, based on the acclaimed research conducted by Mary Young of Conference Board Inc., participants will learn the skills they need to develop strategic workforce planning models and a personal action plan that they can implement in their organization. Shannon Jackson, who leads The Conference Board of Canada’s HR Transformation Research practice, will be incorporating findings into the workshop from our most recent research: Workforce Planning Practices in Canada. (Scheduled for release May 2017).
During the workshop, you will have the opportunity to develop skills that will:
- Align and integrate strategic workforce planning with your business strategy
- Determine workforce gaps and prepare accordingly
- Put in place contingency plans to ensure organizational agility
- Conduct economic, market, and competitive environment scans
- Develop compelling talent scenarios that drive action
Who Should Attend
- VPs, directors and managers of human resources, talent acquisition and recruitment, organizational development, strategy and workforce planning
- Strategic HR partners
- Business line managers and executives
- High-potential and high-performing human capital and business practitioners
- Future leaders in the disciplines of HR, OD or the business line
The details of this event are subject to change. Please revisit this page periodically for updated information.