Learning Through Networking
Meetings take place three times per year—in the fall, winter, and spring. One of the meetings is focused on government affairs and is usually scheduled in the fall in Ottawa. The remaining two meetings can be hosted by a member and will be held in either eastern, central, or western Canada.
Upcoming meeting dates for 2017:
- May 10-11, 2017 in Vancouver, BC
This meeting will take place at the Pan Pacific Vancouver Hotel.
Past Meeting Themes
- The Influence of Social Media on Authenticity and Accessibility of Government
- Crisis Management: Communication in a Challenging Economic Cycle
- Corporate Reporting: Strengthening Relationships with Stakeholders
- Integrating Social Media with Traditional Media Relations
- Creating and Managing Your Corporate Brand
- Shaping Internal Culture of Communications to Support Corporate Strategy
- On the Minds of CEOs: Critical Issues and Opportunities
- Freedom from Surprises: Public Affairs and your CEO
- New Rules on Political Contributions by Corporations
- Globalization: The Impact of the Economy and Implications for Communications
Past Webinars Topics
Canadian Outlook with the Chief Economist
(The Conference Board of Canada, September 2014)
Where is the economy headed? How will your business plans be impacted? This recorded webinar with Glen Hodgson, the Board’s Chief Economist and Senior Vice-President, walks you through the latest numbers. Get expert interpretation of the national forecast, including key indicators.