Health and Safety Leadership Centre
The Conference Board of Canada’s Health and Safety Leadership Centre (HSLC) supports the continuous improvement of healthy and safe workplaces. It is founded on the principle that effective leadership of health and safety is essential to the operation of a successful business. Participation in this centre allows business leaders, government, and academia to exchange best practices within a learning community and show their visible commitment to the enhancement of employee physical, social, and mental well-being. The benefits will be realized as this learning is integrated into organizational business strategies, systems, and processes.
The Conference Board of Canada is dedicated to leading this group by:
- Conducting research on health and safety;
- Organizing special events and community outreach activities;
- Collaborating and partnering with existing health and safety initiatives; and
- Featuring success stories of leaders who demonstrate a strong commitment to health and safety.
Benefits of Membership
- Networking opportunities with other senior leaders from a range of sectors to learn and share best practices.
- Increasing national awareness of health and safety issues.
- Participating in a national forum with the opportunity to shape and transform perspectives related to health and safety in Canada.
- Furthering the publication of original research that improves the capacity of executives to respond to concerns related to health and safety.
- Participating in knowledge transfer within your organization.
- Enhancing a deeper understanding of the importance, necessity and internalization of the impact of health and safety on their organization.
- Coordinating efforts and initiatives to enhance the health and safety of all Canadians in the workplace.