Sales Representative, Subscriptions
We are seeking an outgoing, results-orientated sales representative to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering profitable new business revenue growth to our e-Library subscriptions business across the country.
The e-Library is a repository of Conference Board of Canada publicly available research in three broad categories: Economic Forecasting, Organizational Performance and Public Policy. Customers gain access to this research through a subscription model.
Reporting to the Director, e-Library and e-Data, this is a full-time permanent position located in our Ottawa office and is available immediately.
- Work with the Director and the Account Representative to actively pursue sales to win new business and win back previous customers.
- Assist the subscription sales team in the development of leads campaign and help identify prospects.
- Meet high potential prospects in assigned territories for the purpose of selling e-Library subscriptions
- Manage all activities associated with the sales cycle from:
- initial sales call, includes conference calls, on-line demos and in-person meetings
- engaging internal subject matter experts when required to help demonstrate product/service value
- ensuring timely follow up after sales calls to increase the probability of closing sales
- in collaboration with Director, identify and track sales activities and metrics
- Ensure sales activities are coordinated with other members of sales team and organizational staff
- Follow corporate practices and policies especially tracking sales activities
- In collaboration with the customer service team, support existing and help identify new customer retention strategies.
Skills & Qualifications
- Proven business development and sales results with a minimum of three years of experience in the sale of complex, knowledge-based services, including experience in dealing with senior executives in the private and public sectors.
- Professional presence, communication, presentation, and negotiation skills – experience conducting meetings and making presentations to all levels of an organization
- General understanding and interest of the critical issues facing Canada and its leaders. Interest in and ability to learn and stay current on business, economy and policy issues.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft office products, internet savvy.
- Experience in managing large, multi-user contact databases and experience with CRM software is an asset.
- Bilingualism (English and French) is an asset.
- Ability to travel frequently is a requirement of the role.
Apply for this position