Direct Marketing Officer
The Marketing Division of The Conference Board of Canada is seeking a dynamic marketer with proven results in driving revenue. The ideal candidate will be bilingual and have 3-5 years of experience in direct marketing, copy writing, social media marketing, and sponsor / partner relationship management. The candidate must be able to work under tight deadlines and cyclical pressure, be professional in both written and oral communication and confidently speak to their marketing activities.
Reporting to the Manager of Direct Marketing, this position is a full-time permanent position available immediately and is located in Ottawa.
- Develop and execute strategic marketing campaigns for a variety of Conference Board products including conferences, webinars, research publications, and special events.
- Craft and use existing marketing copy to create custom emails, marketing collateral and web copy in an effort to increase revenue.
- Review analytics from marketing campaigns and revise messages to increase open and click rates and to identify other appropriate actions.
- Pull marketing lists based on pre-determined criteria.
- Conduct research on competing events in a variety of sectors.
- Undertake research to expand list of key contacts and identify new marketing partners to extend reach and access to target audiences.
- Assess media and external marketing avenues for cost effectiveness.
- Utilize a variety of social media channels ie: twitter and LinkedIn to actively market products and engage connections.
- Monitor and respond to both external and internal requests for more information on products.
- Monitor success rates and modify marketing plans as needed.
- Track and report daily on webinar registrations
- Report on weekly activities and actively brainstorm new avenues with the marketing team.
- Act as the back-up webinar host
Skills & Qualifications
- Post secondary degree or certificate in marketing, communications or a related field.
- A minimum of three years of experience in a professional work environment in a direct marketing role.
- Well developed and effective communication, relationship management and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent writing skills, including spelling, grammar, proof-reading skills, and attention to detail.
- Strong technical skills using MS Word, Outlook, Excel, Webex with specific emphasis on Access and Marketo.
- Experience using social media tools.
- Ability to be proactive, multi-task and deliver on deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
- Bilingualism is a definite asset.
Apply for this position