Keeping the Talent Pipeline Filled in the Energy and Utility Industries
The Conference Board, Inc., 18 pages
An in-depth look at how utility and natural resource companies are recovering from the power outages and scandals over recent years, in the face of losing the expertise of mature workers as they retire.
This report is based on interviews with CEOs and managers from some of the largest fuel and electricity providers in the nation. An in-depth look is taken at how utility and natural resource companies are recovering from the power outages and scandals over recent years in the face of losing the expertise of mature workers as they retire.
- The Talent Crisis
- The Changing Environment
- A Retirement Tsunami?
- “The Wave” at Dominion Resources
- Duke Energy: Filling a Leadership Gap
- The Nuclear Industry: 'Not yet a crisis'
- MDU Resources: Moving People
- Establishing an Employer Brand
- Finding Solutions
- Hiring Cycles Have to Be Managed
- Planning for Knowledge Transfer
- Beyond Manuals and Databases
- Recruiting More Creatively
- Competing on Compensation and Benefits
- Union Issues
- Going Forward
Features the twelve Best Practices for Managing a Mature Workforce.
This report is tagged with the following interests that are not in your profile:
Click here to
add these interests to your profile and you will receive a notification when a report
with the same interests is released.