Participants will walk away with:
- Insights into current approaches to mitigate cyber security and privacy risks associated with third parties .
- The ability to assess current strategies associated with sourcing third parties and how to optimize this continually evolving process.
- An understanding that some contracts can lead to value leakage, but with the right methodologies and audits, you can perform contract reviews to uncover non-compliance issues that will help you recover cash.
- Insights into designing a program specifically to improve your overall contract management processes, while enhancing your internal assurance functions.
- A process for developing an approach to identify and inventory all your current third party vendors and associated stakeholders.
Peter Hargitai is a Risk Assurance Services partner in the Toronto office of PwC. He has more than 19 years of experience helping clients define and implement cost effective risk management processes for information and operational systems. Peter specializes in risk management, the implementation of control frameworks, and the design and assessment of business process and information technology (IT) controls. Key areas of focus include risk and control identification, and ongoing attestation frameworks. Peter holds a CPA and CA IT specialist designation. He currently sits on the board of the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants IT Alliance.
Ken Stoneham leads PwC’s practice in the area of Third Party Risk Management in Financial Services, the area in which Canadian firms find the greatest degree of oversight and regulation. Ken is a graduate of Laurier University, is a CPA, and holds several designations, such as CGEIT and CISA.
David Craig is the leader of PwC’s Risk Assurance Services Cybersecurity & Privacy practice. In this role, he helps clients understand and appropriately reduce the risks of operating in today’s hyper-connected business environment. David works with board members and audit committees to help them assess their information assets, develop strategies and tactics to appropriately protect these assets, and provide ongoing governance in areas involving cybersecurity and privacy. David has more than 30 years of international operational and consultative experience, having led projects in Canada, Europe, the United States and most recently, South America.
Have questions before you buy?
Learn what our webinars can offer you
What happens after you register?