Chapter 1—The Importance of Investing in Workplace Wellness Programs
- Why Should Employers Invest in Workplace Wellness Programs?
- How Do Wellness Programs Make a Difference?
Chapter 2—Developing a Comprehensive Workplace Wellness Program
- What Influences an Employee’s Health and Well-Being?
- How Can Employers Create a Healthy Workplace?
- What Is a Comprehensive Workplace Health and Wellness Program?
- How to Structure a Comprehensive
Chapter 3—Evaluating Workplace Wellness Programs
- Why Measure or Evaluate Workplace Wellness Programs?
- What Is ROI?
- Is Anyone Measuring ROI?
- Barriers to Measurement
- Is Bigger Always Better? Evaluation for Small Businesses
- Where Can Employers Get Support?
Chapter 4—Tools for Evaluating Workplace Wellness Programs
- Establishing a Baseline Measurement
- Benefits Cost Analysis
- Drug Costs
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Costs
- Workers’ Compensation Claims
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Productivity at Work
- Employee Satisfaction and Engagement
- Corporate Reputation
- Organizational Culture
- Customer Satisfaction
Chapter 5—Measurement Framework for Workplace Wellness Programs
Chapter 6—Government’s Role in Supporting Healthy Employees
- Determinants of Government Involvement
- How Can Governments Support Workplace Wellness?
Appendix A—Lists of Interviewees
- Employers Interviewed
- Key Informants Interviewed
Appendix B—Metrics Checklist for Employers
- Demographic Information
- Group Health
- Prescription Drugs
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Casual Absences
- Workers’ Compensation
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Risk Assessments
- Workplace Environment
Appendix C—Sample Calculations
Appendix D—Return-on-Investment Calculation: An Example