Canadian Outlook Economic Forecast: Winter 2011
The Conference Board of Canada, 84 pages,
This quarterly economic forecast provides highlights of the Canadian Outlook report, which presents the short-term national outlook.
- Our forecast calls for real GDP growth of just 2 per cent this year, down 0.5 percentage points from what we were projecting in the autumn Canadian Outlook.
- Significant injections of monetary and fiscal stimulus have solidified near-term growth prospects in the United States—but sooner or later Americans will have to pay the piper.
- Canada’s trade sector will do little to prop up growth this year, due in part to the strength of the loonie.
- A strong Canadian dollar and slower economic growth are expected to convince the Bank to hold off on rate hikes until the fall.
- An uneventful resolution to the European debt crisis remains critical to keeping the global economy on a path of recovery.
This report is tagged with the following interests that are not in your profile:
Click here to
add these interests to your profile and you will receive a notification when a report
with the same interests is released.