Business can expect an increasing demand for reductions in carbon emissions from both operations and products. This prospect drives the belief held by many that our future will be 'carbon-concerned' — that regulatory and social pressures will mount exponentially in relation to the amount of CO2 and other greenhouse gases released into the environment. A vast amount of information and guidance is available on GHG measurement — increasingly referred to as defining an organization's carbon footprint — and management. This report addresses a subject on which much less has been written — the decision-making process for companies wishing to develop new carbon management approaches and opportunities.
- Perspectives on the Issue
- The Engagement Decision
- Engagement Strategy: Defining and Measuring the 'Carbon Footprint'
- Managing the Carbon Footprint
- Core Business Changes: Finding Opportunities in Carbon
- Implementing a Comprehensive GHG/Carbon Management Company Strategy