Population and Household Formation
The household formation forecast is based on the Conference Board of Canada’s population forecast and historical data on headship rates by age cohorts. For our household formation forecast released in the Fall of 2013, we updated headship rates using data from the 2011 National Household Survey (NHS). Contrary to previous mandatory long form Census, the 2011 NHS was completed by Canadian households on a voluntary basis.
The labour force data used to date (until the November 2013 report) to calculate the national indicator of labour market tightness represented the sum of seasonally adjusted labour force numbers by age group. Moving forward, the seasonally adjusted national labour force data will be based on v2062810 in CANSIM. This will result in very slight changes to the indicator of labour market tightness data over the historical period.
- Canadian medium term - December 17, 2013
- Industrial - data - December 17, 2013
- Help-Wanted Index -December 13, 2013
- Metropolitan - data - December 6, 2013
- LFS Release - data - December 6, 2013
- Leading Indicator of Industry Profitability - data - December 3, 2013
- Consumer Confidence US - data - November 29, 2013
- Consumer Confidence - data - November 25, 2013
- CPI Release - data - November 22, 2013
- CMHC - final data - November 20, 2013
- Provincial Long Term - November 19, 2013
- U.S. Month at a Glance - web page - November 11, 2013
- Canadian Month at a Glance - web page - November 8, 2013