Workplace Mental Health 2017
InterContinental Toronto Centre •
Be a part of Canada’s top conference devoted exclusively to workplace mental health.
Since this event began over ten years ago workplace mental health has moved to the top of the priority list for organizations across the country. Bold initiatives such as Bell’s Let’s Talk Day and the tireless work of organizations such as the Mental Health Commission have helped raise awareness, reduce stigma and provide tools organizations can use to help employees. Throughout this time the Board has also blazed a trail through our research and this conference.
In 2017, this event will offer new thinking and practical case studies that can help you improve the mental health of your workplace.
In recent years we have included discussion on sleep, dementia, autism spectrum disorder, positive psychology, adult ADHD, workplace civility, mindfulness, and others that have produced numerous “aha” moments leading to participants expanding their scope of practice.
For 2017, we promise you more new thinking and emerging issues alongside some of the more “traditional” topics such as ROI, reducing stigma, the essentials of a psychologically safe workplace, and how to build a wellness culture.
For the 2017 event, we will introduce new topics, including:
- Reducing and Responding to Workplace Trauma
- Distraction, Fatigue, Stress, Anxiety: Mental Health Impacts of New Technology and the Effect on Employees (and What to Do About It)
- PTSD and First Responders
- Apps for Mental Health
- Links Between Mind and Body—the Important Role of Physical Activity in Mental Wellness
- Managing Change, Managing Mental Health: Understanding and Addressing the Mental Health Dimension of Change
We are going to dig deeper and discuss more fully.
In 2016, you told us you wanted to hear more about the issues that matter most to you—so this year we will devote more time to the following topics and dedicate time to peer to peer discussion. Among the issues we plan on examining more closely are:
- Workplace Civility
- Sleep, Fatigue, and Shift Work and Their Impact on Mental Health
- Mindfulness and Stress Management
- The Mental Health Needs of an Aging Workforce
- Positive Psychology and Happiness at Work
Meet the thought leaders and innovators, and hear how they’re succeeding with their workplace mental health initiatives.
Building on success.
The Conference Board is Canada’s most respected independent research and conference development organization. Its events attract respected experts and innovators, and provide an insightful and enlightening learning experience for all conference participants.
The details of this event are subject to change. Please revisit this page periodically for updated information.