Public Sector Social Media 2016
Fairmont Château Laurier •
Where public sector social media practitioners learn about the latest developments in this rapidly changing field
Now in its 8th year, this event has tracked the transition of social media from insurgent communication intervention to mainstream channel for all levels of government. As a new generation of leaders take the reins and citizens everywhere demand greater transparency, involvement and information, the use of social media will become a natural part of the way the public sector engages the population. While social media has become mainstream in terms of adoption levels and the sheer breadth of the people and organizations using it, it remains in the early stages of the impact it will have on governments.
Are you moving at the speed of social?
New apps and platforms are constantly emerging providing new avenues for communicating with citizens. Most organizations are familiar with old favourites like Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook, but what have you learned from these social media giants, and what is there to learn from the new and emerging channels that allow you to maximize your message. Social media mavens will share their expertise to empower you to return to work as the social champion of your organization.
From a simple eight step approach to the hard-hitting issues of terrorism and radicalization, and everything in between, you will leave with practical examples of social media successes and a network of like-minded peers who are engaged in the power of social. Join us for an intensive day and half’s discussion of some of the key developments in the field. Issues for discussions include:
- Embracing social media trends and how governments can get the most from established and emerging social media
- Digitization and social media
- An eight-step approach to social media success for your organization
- Preventing violence on the internet through social media
- Social media, terrorism and radicalization
- Expectations versus reality in social media and what this means for your organization
- Community engagement in telecoms: lessons from the private sector
- Moving your organization to the next level of social
- Leader on social media or social leader?: Social media and the new leadership paradigm
- Influential leader's lessons in engagement and communication
As the technology changes, the options and functionality increase, and audiences become more fragmented. This means more choices for users and more decisions for you.
Take your learning to the next level with the Social Media Masterclass: Building a Social Media Strategy from Scratch.
This half-day intensive workshop is designed for the senior leader, manager, or project lead responsible for implementing a social media and communications plan for your organization. Does your organization have a social media strategy? Attend the workshop starting from scratch and leave with a tangible strategy that will help you reach your target audience in an effective and efficient manner. Learn more about the masterclass!
Please note that the cost of the workshop is not included in your conference registration and can be attended separately or in conjunction with the conference.
The details of this event are subject to change. Please revisit this page periodically for updated information.