Canadian Immigration Summit 2017: Innovating at 150 and Beyond
Shaw Centre •
| || || |
Join us for the 3rd annual Canadian Immigration Summit 2017 to discuss innovations that will help build Canada’s future immigration system.
Connect with key immigration leaders and practitioners. Celebrate Canada’s 150th anniversary and its rich immigration tradition!
Opening Keynote Speaker
| ||The Honourable John McCallum |
Minister of Immigration,
Refugees and Citizenship
The Canadian Immigration Summit is where stakeholders from across the country convene to discuss innovative, practical, and actionable solutions to strengthen Canada’s immigration system.
The Summit offers you ample opportunities to network with hundreds of leading representatives from government, business, law, education, non-profits, and immigrant-serving organizations. Contribute your creative ideas, insights, and expertise to a National Immigration Action Plan for Canada!
The Immigration-Innovation Nexus
Innovation is part and parcel of Canada’s immigration system. From the development of a transcontinental railroad following Confederation which gave immigrants access to farmland in the West, to the establishment of the world’s first skills-based points system and private refugee sponsorship program, to the Provincial Nominee Program and Express Entry in more recent times, Canada turns towards innovative solutions to achieve its immigration objectives and enhance the nation’s prosperity.
On the eve of Canada’s 150th anniversary, the country’s immigration system faces major domestic and international challenges. At home, immigrants and refugees often struggle to find good jobs and integrate into Canadian society. Business argues that Canada requires a quicker, more responsive immigration system. Abroad, large refugee flows have called Canada into action. An ever-competitive global economy has created abundant opportunities for the internationally mobile, for whom Canada is only one of many options.
The Conference Board of Canada is well positioned—through our research and convening expertise—to identify and promote innovative, 21st century immigration system solutions.
Top 5 Reasons You Should Attend
- Network with potential partners and collaborators.
- Learn from leading international and Canadian experts about domestic and global immigration issues, best practices, and innovative solutions.
- Gain unique insights from the latest immigration research and programs.
- Access new tools and techniques that will allow you to help empower immigrants and better leverage their skills, talents, and connections.
- Shape a National Immigration Action Plan for Canada to help guide the future immigration system.
- Celebrating Canada’s 150th anniversary
- Innovating to strengthen Canada’s immigration system and enhance the nation’s prosperity
- Ensuring immigration works for business
- Supporting human and social capital development for the foreign born, to facilitate their economic and social integration
- Harnessing technology from attraction to selection, pre-arrival, settlement, integration, workplace connection, and retention
- Matching immigrants and refugees with good jobs, including in regulated professions
- Empowering entrepreneurial and innovative immigrants and refugees
- Attracting and retaining international students, the globally mobile, and their investment capital
- Developing a National Immigration Action Plan for Canada
What Our Delegates Have Said
“Great speakers and topics as always. Good job! Very informative!”
—Joel Lemoine, Economic Development Council for Manitoba Bilingual Municipalities
“Excellent organization, speakers, and level of engagement.”
—Katarina Onuschak, Immigration Education Alliance
—Michelle Miller-Guillot, Ontario Ministry of Citizenship, Immigration and International Trade
“You do a good job of combining the larger policy issues with practical best practices. Your work is important.”
—Heather McMillan, Durham Workforce Authority
“I like the balance between selection issues and settlement issues. Please continue.”
—Robert Vineberg, Immigration Research West
“Overall, the Summit was very valuable and engaging with excellent presenters. Thank you!”
—Sophia Lowe, Office of the Fairness Commissioner
“Excellent conference with exceptional presenters. Many thanks!”
—Meghan Wankel, Care Centre for Internationally Educated Nurses
“Fabulous Summit. Great topics and speakers.”
—Kelly Johnson, JBS Food Canada
“The Summit was well organized with a great flow from Day 1 to Day 2. Great networking opportunities with a wealth of knowledge in the audience and presenters. Made some great connections that I can take back to support programming and our clients.”
—Debbie Green, Bredin Centre for Learning
We’d like to thank our generous sponsors for their contribution to this event.
The details of this event are subject to change. Please revisit this page periodically for updated information.