Intergovernmental Forum on Risk Management 2016: Practical Approaches for a Complex World
Shaw Centre •
For more than 12 years this has become the leading forum for addressing the specific challenges of managing risk in the public sector.
Economic uncertainty, terrorism, digitization, open data, cyber security, increased infrastructure, global instability, increased deficit spending, social license—there’s never been a more pressing need for risk managers to gather and share best practices
In the months since our last event a lot has changed—a new government in Ottawa, increased terrorist activity and much talk of recession and deficits. All these combine with other forces to make your role as a risk manager more critical than ever. Governments have less room to make mistakes; your role is becoming more complex; and governments at all levels must commit to an innovation agenda.
What you will learn at this event
Expert speakers will offer critical solutions from their risk management experiences, demonstrating how they identify, classify, communicate, and mitigate risk. This foundation will help you benchmark your risk strategy, and ensure it delivers results.
We will cover the most important new developments in risk management
As always, we’ll also examine the latest public sector risk threats, including:
- Public health—what Canada can learn from the recent and ongoing Zika outbreak in Latin America
- Cyber-security—citizens’ privacy, and how governments and corporations use and store their information
- Big and open data—what are the implications of these for risk management and– how you can best respond
- Infrastructure—how you can best manage the risk associated with infrastructure. Spending is set to boom but are you ready to help ensure that projects deliver. And what about pipelines and social licence?
- How best to manage the risk function—what is the impact of culture? How can you best define and communicate your organization’s risk appetite?
Building on success.
The Conference Board is Canada’s most respected independent research and conference development organization. Its events attract respected public and private sector experts, and provide an insightful and enlightening learning experience for all participants.
The details of this event are subject to change. Please revisit this page periodically for updated information.