Intergovernmental Forum on Risk Management 2016: Practical Approaches for a Complex World
Shaw Centre •
Our expert speakers offered critical solutions from their risk management experiences, demonstrated how they identify, classify, communicate, and mitigate risk. This foundation helped attendees benchmark their risk strategy, to ensure it delivers results.
We covered the most important new developments in risk management for 2016 and examined the latest public sector risk threats, including:
- Public health—what Canada can learn from the recent and ongoing Zika outbreak in Latin America
- Cyber-security—citizens’ privacy, and how governments and corporations use and store their information
- Big and open data—what are the implications of these for risk management and– how you can best respond
- Infrastructure—how you can best manage the risk associated with infrastructure. Spending is set to boom but are you ready to help ensure that projects deliver. And what about pipelines and social licence?
- How best to manage the risk function—what is the impact of culture? How can you best define and communicate your organization’s risk appetite?
Featured Speakers From the 2016 Event
Executive Program Developer
The Conference Board of Canada
Diana Del Bel Belluz
Risk Wise Inc.
Director, Research and Development, Rail
National Research Council
Systemic Design and Strategic Foresight
Alberta Blue Cross
Principal Risk Advisor
Toronto Transit Commission
Élie G. Abourizk
Director, Enterprise Risk Management Division
Canada REvenue Agency
Canada Research Chair in Human Oriented Computer Security, School of Computer Science
Dr. Bob Lawson
Director General, Corporate Planning, Performance and Risk Management Bureau
Global Affairs Canada
Manager, Quality, Risk and Performance Measurement
The details of this event are subject to change. Please revisit this page periodically for updated information.